About Bestbrook Mountain Resort
The gateway to the Southern Downs, offering authentic farm stay holidays and weekend getaways. We are located 90mins from Brisbane and 2hrs from the Gold Coast in the beautiful South East Queensland country.
You will enjoy old fashioned hospitality and magnificent mountain views.
Our trail boss and his team will ensure you enjoy your horse riding experience, from lessons to 1 or 2 hour trail ride.
Children are not left out. They can enjoy parent led rides in the horse yards and take in activities such as wagon rides, boomerang throwing, whip cracking and yabby fishing in Gap Creek. They can feed the farm animals, milk a cow and then make the butter to go with the damper and Billy tea.
Bestbrook is dog friendly as long as they are controlled by their owners. We do have a couple of resident dogs that do sometimes think that they are the bosses.
Why choose Bestbrook Mountain Resort for your next farm stay?
- Licensed restaurant open 7 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Fully self contained cabins
- Animal feeding
- Spot some Australian wildlife
- Farm activities
- Take in the sunsets and the spectacular night skies
- Relax in the clear mountain air
- Conference room
Wide range of activities for all ages
We have an amazing array of activities and experiences available.
- Twice daily animal feeding 8.30am and 4pm every day. Animals include chickens, peacocks, turkeys, ducks, cattle, sheep and of cause horses. At various times of the year there are also baby animals such as chicks, ducklings, calves, lambs and occasionally a baby foal. Includes milking cows.
- Horse riding is the only activity that you will pay extra for and we cater for all levels of experience including parent led rides for the younger children.
- Wagon rides, including Whip cracking and boomerang throwing.
- Matty and Shiner our resident dogs, will escort you to your cabin or camping site and drop by regularly to make sure you are ok.
- Go bush walking to Gnomes cave and if you’re really keen bring a gnome to help populate the cave.
- Mountain bike to the lookout (1km but steep) and beyond.
- Hike to the lookout (1km but steep) and take in the sunset if you’re keen.
- Take a walk around our Labyrinth.
- Swim in the salt water pool or go rock hopping in the creek.
- In the warmer months try catching a yabbie’ in Gap Creek.
- Build yourself a campfire and toast marshmallows.
- Take in the multitude of stars that grace our clear night skies.
- Bestbrook is situated in the foothills of the Great Dividing Range in South East Queensland, only 90 minutes drive from Brisbane and 2hrs from the Gold Coast.
- Bestbrook has spectacular mountain scenery with many guests just happy to relax and take it all in.
- Enjoy a cold beverage at Beer o’clock on the veranda of the coach house in the afternoons
Tranquil rural setting
This area is full of natural fauna and flora and Bestbrook is lucky enough to be close to the World Heritage listed Main Range National Park – a bush walker or bird watches paradise. If that isn’t enough for you Goomburra National Park and Queen Mary Falls is a short scenic drive from Bestbrook’s front door.
Local Attractions & Amenities
If you have come away and forgotten something and we can’t help then Warwick is only a short 25 min drive and you have all the amenities that you may need.
Including a hospital, doctors, Woolworths, Coles, IGA, Australia Post, chemists, Telstra, Optus and banks, Condamine Medical Centre and Warwick Friendly Society Pharmacy
Just 5 km to the west of Bestbrook heading towards Warwick on the left is Maryvale Rd were you will find a general store. Further down this road you will find the small village of Maryvale with its 100 year old heritage listed Crown Hotel.
Campfire at Bestbrook
Campfires are a must do at Bestbrook. You can collect kindling to get you going. To keep you going we sell firewood from reception as well as matches and fire starters. Unfortunately you are not permitted to collect dead or fallen timber or cut anything down; this is a Government department Rule.
Relax around a campfire under the evening sky.