At Bestbrook Mountain Resort make the most out of your Queensland farm stay holiday.
No matter how long your stay you’ll find that there is so much so see and do.
Enjoy the working life of the farm, relax around the pool or sit on the veranda after a long day with a cold beverage and take it all in.
At Bestbrook we have a wide range of activities to cater for all tastes, and make your visit as enjoyable as possible.
Bestbrook is a fun, family farm holiday set in South East Qld, only 90 minutes from Brisbane and 2hrs from the Gold Coast. Twice daily animal feeding and milking cows.
During your stay you can expect to be provided with a program with a range of activities like Billy tea and damper, were you might meet Cyril, a long time member of the Bestbrook family, recall snippets from the past and demonstrate how to make butter in his 100yr old butter churn.
Bruce, Laura, Elizabeth, Tiff, Rob and Bob will gain your confidence and teach you the art of horse riding as well as take you on a wagon ride and teach you how to crack a whip and if the wind is right throw a boomerang and have it come back.
Following are some sample programs, these programs will vary depending on seasons etc.
Included free in all tariffs
- Twice daily animal feeding 8.30am and 4pm, includes milking cows
- Wagon rides
- Boomerang throwing
- Learn to crack an Australian stock whip
- Billy tea and damper making. Not held daily, check with reception.
- Butter making demonstration. Not held daily, check with reception.
- Fodder machine tour
- Go fishing for yabbies’ in the creek or dams (warmer months only as yabbies hibernate in cold weather)
- Go bush walking to Gnomes cave
- Mountain bike up to the lookout (1km) and beyond. (bring your own bike)
- Hike to the lookout (1km) if your keen and take in the sunset
- Swim in the salt water pool or go rock hopping in the creek
- Build yourself a campfire and toast marshmallows
- Take in the multitude of stars that grace our clear night skies
- Bestbrook has spectacular mountain scenery with many guests just happy to relax and take it all in
Extras not included in tariffs
- Horse riding is the only activity that you will pay extra for and we cater for all levels of experience including parent led rides for the younger children
- Go bush walking in the nearby World Heritage listed Main Range National Park or visit Queen Mary Falls
- Visit Maryvale Hotel built in 1913 for a cold beer. Only 7 km from Bestbrook
- Visit Warwick and walk the Heritage and Historic Buildings Trails
- Visit Glengallan homestead and Heritage Centre
- Visit Darling Downs Zoo, home of the white lions